Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 14 - Chili Cookin'

Hello! Sorry I have not posted in a few days, I have been swamped with work and finals. I am just now finding some down time. Today marks my 14th day of not consuming any meat! So far, I've gotten through this VegPledge by trying to make the foods I eat as interesting and flavorful as possible. This is a recipe of mine that I think will help you spice up your meat-free life! I hope you love it ❤ Just a heads up...I really, really, REALLY like Cilantro!
Camille's Vegetarian Chili


Ingredients:
1 c. chopped onion
2 garlic cloves
1/2 c. orange bell pepper
2 tb. olive oil
35 oz. stewed tomatoes
15 oz. kidney beans
8 oz. drained pinto beans
1 tbsp. tomato paste
1 chopped celery stalk
1/3 c. cilantro (told ya...)
1/4 c. chicken broth
1/2 tsp. oregano
1 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 tb. chili powder
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
1 1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 adobo chili
shredded cheese (optional)
sour cream (optional)





1. In a saucepan, saute bell pepper and onion in 2 tb. olive oil for 5 minutes. Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes, celery, tomato paste, stock, beans, salt, pepper, oregano, and adobo chili.
3. Bring mixture to a simmer for 10 minutes, then add cilantro. Cook for another 10-50 minutes.
4. Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, and sprinkle with cilantro!!
*Warning: Pretty spicyyyy*

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good right now. Could go for a big bowl with some black bean tostito chips. You have just inspired me to get cooking!

    ReplyDelete