Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Weepies

As of last week, I am officially going to The Weepies concert on August 17th at the Troubadour! It is an all-acoustic show and I could not be more excited! I have seen The Weepies twice before, once at Lilith Fair and again at the El Rey Theatre, but I have never heard them play an all-acoustic set! I know it is going to be the best show of theirs that I have gone to because the Lilith performance was almost acoustic and it was amazing; much more intimate than the El Rey show that I went to. Although, both were phenomenal!

If you don't know who The Weepies are, you should definitely check them out. The band is comprised of Deb Talan and Steve Tannen, husband and wife super-duo. They both had solo careers before collaborating, falling in love, and eventually getting married. They are by far the cutest, most talented, Indie-Folk band that I listen to. I am so captivted by their music and by the love for each other that they share, which is so completely evident when you watch them perform. If I didn't have to make some sort of small living and go to college, I would become a groupie. I didn't understand why anyone would want to follow a band around to all of their shows until I saw The Weepies live. I cried...BOTH TIMES! I am sure I will cry at the Troubadour show as well; I will weep for The Weepies. I hope my friend, George, who is accompanying me to the show can handle it. It is going to be an amazing night!

You will notice, as time progresses, that although The Weepies are my favorite band EVER, I will never post albums of theirs for you to download. It's just not right. I am in full support of supporting The Weepies. I want all of you to buy their albums, go to their shows, and buy their merchandise! They are grossly under-rated and I want to make sure that I don't do anything to hinder their success, like post their music for free. The Weepies' music is the best, most beautiful, and honest music you can listen to, so I hope that you will take the time and purchase some of their music. It will change your life.


And this is my The Weepies' new single "Same Changes". I'm in love with it, and I think you will be too

No comments:

Post a Comment