Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 22

I am still in Yuma but I thought I should throw a quick post up since I have some free time. I am craving meat terribly! It has been twenty-two days and thus far, I have done really well. I haven't felt like meat up until today when I was with my aunt, walking down the grocery store aisles. In the frozen food section, I just kept seeing frozen pepperoni pizza, orange chicken, and corn dogs. All looked delicious. I didn't buy any, naturally, but it did make me believe, momentarily that I am missing out on some really tasty food and that maybe I won't be able to keep this up after my 60 days are up. Nonetheless, today was a meat-free day and I will abstain from meat at least until the VegPledge is over. I'm really trying to keep the faith, keep my head up and remember that what I'm doing is really what is right. Maybe not right for everyone, but right for me.

On a much happier note, I have to profess my deep, new love for COCONUT OIL!! It is amazing.

I came to learn about coconut oil through some very strange and alarming circumstances, which I will not go into, but when I did first try it, I noticed how soft it made my skin feel. My skin felt refreshed and less dried out than it sometimes does after using regular skin lotions. I had been using Nivea® Happy Sensation lotion but I used EWG and noticed what an alarmingly high chemical content it had, so I felt really compelled to switch. Now, I've been using coconut oil made by Spectrum Naturals® and I love that it's all natural so when I put it on my skin, my skin isn't coming into contact with harmful chemicals and when I wash it down the drain during my shower, it isn't washing anymore chemicals into our water supply. I feel good about using it. It can be used for so many things, which surprised and intrigued me. You can cook with it, use it for your skin, and hair. I use it to treat small blemishes, as conditioner, and hair gel, but mostly I have been using it as sunblock. It does leave my skin feeling greasier while down at the beach but it ultimately protects my skin better and is chemical-free! You can't beat that. I highly recommend it to anyone. Although it may seem a little pricey to pay $8-$10 on a tub of coconut oil, when you consider all its practical uses and that it is less harmful to the environment, the price doesn't seem as steep. You should definitely check it out! Go nuts, COCONUTS, and cook with it, treat your skin and hair with it, and get frisky with it; it can be used as lubricant I've been told!! What can't this stuff do?!

I have yet to try cooking or baking with the coconut oil but when I do, I will write about it and let you know if it was a success! If you have any coconut oil recipes you would like to share with me, please feel free to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment