Saturday, May 28, 2011

An Afternoon of Culture

Yesterday, I was lucky enough to finally get a chance to see my aunt's art show. It opened at the Christopher Grimes Gallery in Santa Monica a few weeks ago, but I hadn't gotten a chance to go before yesterday afternoon. The work up at this show is part of her soup collection and was really beautiful, as always. I went with my friend, Aure, and we both enjoyed the art we saw. My aunt's work is there along with work by Ingrid Calame and Scott Short and will be up until July, in case you are in the neighborhood and want to check it out. It's always nice to take some time, relax, and lose yourself momentarily in something beautiful created with someone's two hands. I highly recommend going to anyone and everyone. If you do stop by, let me know how you like it!

Wall featuring (from left to right) De Nada, Untitled (yellow), and Red, Purple, Brown by my aunt, Ginny Bishton

(from top to bottom) Untitled (red) by Scott Short,
Aure standing next to Untitled (white) by Scott Short


For a larger photo of De Nada, click click click here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment