Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day One

VEG PLEDGE!!

I'm taking a 60 Day pledge to abstain from all meats! No beef, no chicken, no pork, and no fish. For now, I'm going to be an Octo-Lacto Vegetarian-ish, meaning no meat and no gelatin, but I will be eating dairy products and I will be using eggs occasionally when I bake. I am doing this for so many reasons, namely animal cruelty and the water that has to be used just to produce meat and dairy. I think that this is such an important change, although I understand that it's not for everyone. I think this change will really help me to transition into becoming a vegan. I am definitely going to try being a vegan. It sounds so impossible at the moment, but I am sure going to try! Becoming a vegan will definitely be something that will take slow transitioning since currently I am a bacon lover and cheese connoisseur! Nevertheless, it means enough to me to at least consider the life change.

I will keep you up to date on how my pledge goes as the days pass. Let me know if you decide that the VegPledge is for you!

I'm doing this for you, little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment